Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reality Check

I have realized something about myself and it is true about every aspect of my life - I can see things for their potential instead of what the reality is.  It is the potential that I hold on to, believe in, hope for and it is that potential that typically leads me to a huge reality check.  I would never describe myself as an idealistic person, but it is the ideal that I see and hold on to. And it can be frustrating.

Well, today is a new day. And the GI Joe cartoon I used to watch would say at the end of every show that "knowing is half the battle". Now that I know, I can take off my rose colored glasses and start looking at things for what they are. The only problem is I feel like I would lose some of my optimism, that piece of me that makes me a fighter and makes me want to see past the surface in everything.  Maybe the issue is that I need to figure out what is worth fighting for and what deserves my optimism. One day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment